Many squirrel nests fall to the ground during wind and storm events and tree felling. Please follow these steps if you find a squirrel nest with babies in it.
• Place babies into a shoebox with a t-shirt
• Provide a heating aid (no direct contact)
• Do NOT give food or water
• Note where the nest fell
• Watch for the mother squirrel
• Place the box of baby squirrels
near the fallen nest
Eastern Gray Squirrels build SEVERAL nests, and will often move their babies, even if the original nest or tree has been destroyed. Squirrels are attentive mothers!
Please delay tree felling until late fall. You could save a life.
Please call our Wildlife Helpline for advice: