Hart Elementary School
450 Country Club Road
Lucas, TX 75002
Important Messages Regarding This Friday...
Message from the Principal
Lacey Moser

Dear Hart Families,
I want to share a couple important reminders for this Friday:

This Friday, September 28, is our first Early Release day with the staff spending the afternoon in professional development. Students will be dismissed at 12:00. Even though this is an early release day, teaching and learning is still occurring.
As you know, our Per Pupil Funding from the state is based on our daily attendance. We lose around $45 per absence. Last year, on this same early release day, Hart had a significantly lower than average attendance rate than the five other schools in the district. When I reviewed our absences for that day, 17% of the absences were due to illness, while the remaining 83% were due to other reasons (personal, travel, etc.). Our absences on that day last year cost us $1,080 in state funding.
I share this information to let you know that attendance is important every day, even on early release days. We will treat Friday, September 28, as an opportunity for teaching and learning, with teachers planning engaging instruction for their students.

As always, if students are sick or experiencing symptoms of sickness, please keep them home.

Hart Beat
In order to ensure we maintain a secure school setting for our students and families, all parents attending Hart Beat will need to check in at the front office between 7:30 and 8:10 with their government issued ID to get a badge/sticker. 

One way to check in a little faster is to RSVP ahead of time (anytime between now and Thursday by noon) to Heather Bouska at heather_bouska@lovejoyisd.net.  If you have come through the office this year, you only need to send your name.  If you have  not had an opportunity to check in through the office this year, you can send a picture of your ID for manual entry.  Mrs. Bouska will then print out your sticker badge the morning of Hart Beat and you will pick it up when you arrive. There will be volunteers helping pass out badges. This should help speed up the process.  

We appreciate your patience as we continue to ensure Hart is a safe and secure school for your children.  

Leopard Friday
This first early release day is also Leopard Friday! There will be lots of fun opportunities to celebrate being a Lovejoy Leopard at our high school before and during the football game. I look forward to seeing many of our families and Hart strongly represented at the festivities!
As always, if there are any questions or concerns, please contact me anytime at 970-309-1581.  

With a Full HeART,
Lacey Moser
To Unsubscribe from this email, please send an email with HART in the subject line to: unsubscribe@lovejoyisd.net.