Dear Hart Families,
It has been a great start to our second semester. On Monday and Tuesday, teachers had the opportunity to participate in professional development. We were so excited to welcome students back on Wednesday. When you combine the excitement of students and teachers seeing each other after the long break AND the energy from the amazing teaching and learning that is occurring, the building just feels alive. It makes my heart so happy.
The beginning of second semester was a good time for us to review our practices around Covid.
- All staff and families will continue to check their health status each morning and stay home if they are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms, or have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, or there is someone in the household with a pending COVID-19 test.
- Students will continue to wash hands and use hand sanitizer throughout the day, specifically before and after lunch, after specials, and after recess.
- Desks, tables, and other surfaces will be sanitized throughout the day, specifically before/after use by multiple students.
- Students will wear masks entering and exiting the building, during all transition times, when leaving the classroom, and whenever social distancing cannot be practiced in the classroom, including partner/group work, social centers, center time, coming to the rug for instruction, and working at the teacher table. Staff and all 4th graders will wear their masks at all times and K-3 can have their masks off when working independently at their desks.
- Classroom and high traffic/touch areas will be sanitized each night.
- If there is a positive case on campus, all areas affected will be deep cleaned and sanitized.
The LISD Planning Guide is your most valuable tool. It is your one stop shop for all questions related to COVID-19 and our district. Please click here
to view (and bookmark) this resource.
The continued safety of our students and staff are our top priority. I want to encourage our families to partner with us outside of school by continuing to follow recommendations for wearing face covering and practicing social distancing.
We are looking forward to an incredible 3rd quarter at Hart Elementary! Please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions.
With a Full HeART,