One Pot Chicken Parmesan Pasta
by: Kim Robbins (Hauser Air CSR)
o 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
o 1 tsp Italian seasoning
o 1/2 tsp garlic powder
o 1 medium yellow onion, minced
o 3 cloves garlic, minced
o 16 oz dried short-cut pasta – I use Penna Pasta
o 24 oz jar of your favorite marinara sauce
o water to fill empty marinara sauce jar
o 1 cup mozzarella cheese
o 1 cup parmesan cheese
o salt and pepper, to taste
o minced basil
1.Large pot or skillet, add a small amount of olive oil and heat over medium heat.
2 Add chicken, season with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and garlic powder.
3. Cook about 5 minutes, until chicken is most of the way cooked through, place chicken on a plate.
4. Add onion and garlic to the pot and cook about 2-3 minutes, until soft.
5. Pour in marinara sauce, fill up empty sauce jar with water and add to the pot.
6. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
7. Add chicken and pasta, stir, then cover and cook for 10-15 minutes, until pasta is cooked.
8. Stir in parmesan cheese and 1/4 cup of the mozzarella cheese.
9. Sprinkle remaining 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese on top and cook for another 2-3 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
10. Sprinkle with additional Italian seasoning and basil to taste.