Prayer is laying hold of God's promises. Isn't it reassuring that, "In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice...?" How utterly amazing that the God of the universe hears
Yet at times, I find that I am in a
prayer flare and struggle with prayer all together. In a devotional I am reading, the author suggests, "By praying the Psalms back to God, we learn to pray in tune with the Father, Son and Holy Spirit," Ben Patterson. What a marvelous idea when I am struggling with prayer to pray the words of the Psalms!
Another interesting idea is to read Psalm 1 before reading any of the other Psalms. Psalm 1 sets the stage, so to speak, and gives an interesting perspective to each Psalm.
We're honored that the number of people requesting prayer on
Prayer Mondays continues to grow. It really is our honor to pray for you.
In mid-October, look for an invitation to sign-up for
40 Days of Hope, a brand new winter devotional.
This month, please join us in prayer for:
- the final details and finishing touches of 40 Days of Hope.
- the hearts of each person as, together, we journey toward hope.
- each of us to grow deeper into Jesus.
- God to be honored and glorified in all we do.
- the mission and ministry of Chronic Joy as we reach out in love to touch lives and stir hearts to discover hope and share life in the blessing of community.