For the time being, Scout meetings, events, camp, programs, training and other council-sponsored programs are continuing without interruption, with the exception being Scout Day at the Capitol which has been cancelled. We will continue to monitor governmental guidelines and update you via e-mail and on our website,
. Here are ways you can help:
A Scout is Clean and Prepared:
- Practice good hygiene and have hand washing stations or hand sanitizer available at activities.
- Conduct meetings or activities outdoors.
- Avoid activities where Scouts have to have close contact with each other such as holding hands.
- Limit food sharing or buffet style food service.
- Take time for a teaching moment about good hygiene with your Scouts.
- Work closely with your Charter Partner and Committee if you have questions regarding your routine scheduling. Consider postponing large gatherings if they deem it necessary.
Discussing the Coronavirus with Youth:
Looking for a way to discuss the Coronavirus with your Scouts or children? Here is a great resource for you to consider using to educate your Scouts about the virus and practicing good hygiene.
- Make the "Zine". Click HERE to download and print the Zine paper.
- Watch the YouTube video HERE on how to fold a Zine.
- Watch the corresponding YouTube video HERE called Just for Kids: Exploring the Coronavirus.
The safety of our Scouts and Leaders is our number one priority. If you have questions about District or Council events happening in your area please contact your
As your Safe Scouting Directors, we thank you for your leadership and dedication to helping keep our Scouts safe.