During the first half of February the Clinical staff were monitoring the worldwide, nationwide, statewide and local developments of the COVID-19.
In the last week of February to current:
- Advisories were developed and CDC resources ordered.
- Policies and an advisory for staff developed and disseminated.
- Informational plain language web page developed and updated regularly.
- First report of potential exposed person (Consumer A) (a few days later was tested negative)
- Clinical Director along with Senior Leadership developed staff policy plus enhanced universal precaution procedures and resources and supplies ordered.
- Facilities manager is ordering additional supplies and equipment for antibacterial wipes, hand sanitizers, tissues, etc. for the universal precautions kits we will be assembling.
- Hand sanitizer dispensing machines ordered for the lobbies and public areas, supplies were found in short supply and higher costs.
- Wednesday March 4, 2020 (Consumer B): It was reported that a consumer potentially exposed second hand (no symptoms - testing scheduled - reported as low risk).
- Thursday March 5th (Consumer C): It was reported that a consumer potentially exposed third hand (no symptoms - testing scheduled - reported as low risk).
- CA Department of Public Health and Office of Emergency Services Published Official Use Only report which show all of our five counties listed at either Lowest Risk or Level 3 (lowest Risk) (San Francisco and Berkeley ranked Highest Risk)
- Friday March 6th: DDS has called for a Directors Meeting to discuss regional activities and ideas to support the local communities.
- VMRC Resource Development receives a message from a parent wanting us to shut down the schools because of COVID-19. While misdirected and alarming it’s a good reminder that there are probably many out there in our community that are afraid and in need of good and reliable information.
- VMRC publishes this Constant Contact Message to the Community Updating on Corona Virus. All 5 of our County Departments of Public health are staying current on their updates and all have said there are no known cases. We want this message to be informational, useful, and accurate to ensure the public concern is proportionate to the current urgency of this public health event.
Public Health officials warned us to be careful not to violate HIPAA by revealing anyone is under quarantine and reiterating that the involved person can reveal whatever they want about their own health condition but no one else can.