Updated Travel Guidance
Please remember, wherever you go and whatever you do, impacts our whole school family. We strongly encourage every individual family in our larger WHWS family to be particularly mindful of travel and stay-at-home plans this year. If you plan to gather or take a trip, be sure to choose the safest way possible.
Please see the WA State Travel advisory.
- The CDC recommends avoiding all nonessential travel.
- When traveling, one is accepting the increased likelihood of acquiring or spreading COVID-19.
- Please do not travel if you or someone in your bubble is sick, tests positive for COVID or has been in close contact with someone who has tested positive with COVID-19 in the last 48-hrs.
The CDC recommends getting a viral test 1-3 days before you travel.
Use the CDC COVID Data Tracker to see the levels of community transmission for the locations you plan to travel to.
- The CDC recommends folks get tested 3-5 days after travel AND stay home and self-quarantine for 7 days after travel.
- If you don’t get tested, it’s safest to stay home for 10 days after travel.
- If you are eligible, the CDC recommends getting fully vaccinated for COVID-19 then waiting 2 weeks after getting your second vaccine dose to travel
Communication and Guidance
If someone travels to or hosts a guest from someone outside of Whatcom or Skagit County, a 10-day quarantine or a negative COVID-19 test on day 3-5 post traveling or hosting is strongly encouraged before returning to school or other community activities.