1. Perimenopause can begin as early as your 30's.
2. The average woman hits menopause around the age of 51.
3. Some women experience postmenopause until around the age of 60.
4. Smoking increases your odds of early menopause.
5. 80% of menopausal women suffer from hot flashes.
6. 40% of menopausal women suffer from mood swings caused by hormonal dips.
7. By the year 2030, it is expected that there will be 1.2 billion women who are 50 years of age or older.
8. Before menopause, women are 3X less likely to have a heart attack than men. After menopause, they have an equal chance of having a heart attack as their male counterparts.
9. 1 in 4 women are affected by osteoporosis after menopause.
10. Even though fertility decreases as you approach menopause, you can still get pregnant with irregular periods. In fact, the second highest unintended pregnancy rate is for women between 40-44 years old.
11. A Gallup survey found that 51% of American women between the ages 50 and 65 who had reached menopause said they felt the happiest and most fulfilled than ever before.