House Democrats Unveil Package With Restaurant and Employee Relief Measures
Last night, House Democrats introduced their $2.5 trillion coronavirus Phase 3 stimulus package.
for a one page bill summary.
The $2.5 trillion package, introduced by Chairwoman Nydia Velasquez (NY - 7th), includes the definitions of employer (500 or less employees per legal entity) that the IRA and other stakeholders fought for in the Rubio/Cardin bill in the Senate. The package also includes $500 billion for small business and and worker relief and $500 billion for unemployment benefits, including:
- $1,500 checks for individuals
- $3,000 checks for joint filers
- Extra $1,500 per child up to three
- Maximum $7,500 per family
- Universal for those w/ taxpayer ID # (includes seniors, unemployed)
- Individuals making $75K+ in 2020 will pay some/all of it back
for a breakdown of the Rep. Velasquez' relief package.
Your voices continue to be heard in Washington!
We need you to help keep the pressure on to pass a Phase 3 package that guarantees small businesses and their employees receive the most possible relief.