In Just 2 Hours You Can Help Feed
Thousands of Hungry People
On Saturday, October 22, TBC will be participating as a congregation in the 6th annual Stop Hunger Now food packaging event in Wilton. Last year we packaged over 164,808 meals that were sent to Haiti. TBC was well represented by about 90 volunteers.
Our goal is to again package over 160,000 meals this year and raise $3500 as a Congregation that will fund 12,000 meals to be sent to hungry children in developing countries. Don't forget that children 5 and older can help (our 5-year-olds last year had a fantastic time and really contributed!). This year each meal costs $0.29, so $1.45 buys 5 meals, $15 buys 52 meals and $100 buys 345 meals!
We encourage this to be a family event. Children could contribute from their allowance; parents could agree to match their kids' contributions at any multiple that feels right to you.
(The volunteer scheduling form will appear once you've clicked the Submit button.) If you prefer to send a check in support of the event to TBC, please note that it is for Stop Hunger Now/Tzedakah Fund.
The online form will enable you to make a donation and/or register to work one of the 2 hour shifts on October 22th. We hope that you will continue TBC's support for this event. All who have participated in the past have found it to be both fun and a meaningful way of participating in Tikkun Olam.
This is a wonderful opportunity:
We need your help . . . we need you to PARTICIPATE and to DONATE NOW!
- To help hungry children in poor countries eat healthy food
- To work with other institutions in our community to encourage interfaith relationships
- For parents and children (age 5+) to spend time together working on a social action project that teaches the core Jewish value of tikkun olam (repairing the world)
- To get to know other members of the TBC community by working together on a joint project
- To enhance our sense of pride and purpose about who we are at TBC by embracing this type of social action project.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Don Weber at
Giving back is so much a part of Jewish values -
show your kids - show our congregation!