The role of school counselors, like that of teachers, is not just about getting students to the next level—
it's about empowering students to be all they can be
This annual symposium will focus on maximizing the school counselor's role in facilitating the collage, career, and military readiness and success of students.
Grow Your Capacity With Sessions Focused On
- identifying student strengths and abilities to help them envision and create a strong road map for reaching and achieving their goals
- guiding college, career, and military readiness based on research and proven practices
- acquiring the latest social and emotional wellness strategies to help students make good choices when confronted with challenges in and out of the classroom
- implementing the latest school counseling program best practices at the classroom, campus, and district levels
- meeting compliance with TEA counselor roles and responsibilities
Friday, October 4, 2019 | 8:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
Region 4 McKinney Conference Center