Do you or anyone you know need health coverage? Are you unsure of what's available, what you qualify for, or how to take the next step?
Free multilingual assistance is available this weekend, Saturday, September 27 in Richmond, at the WeConnect Health Care Enrollment & Resource Fair. This is a countywide event. (Details below.)
WeConnect, a project of the California Endowment, is a statewide program linking people to health care coverage. One-stop health care enrollment events, such as this one, are an effective way of helping.
This fair is another example of the great collaborations working to improve West County's quality of life. Building healthy communities truly takes partners from government, community organizations, faith groups--and more. I'm proud to be part of the effort.
We know that prevention is essential for sustainable health, and that accessible quality health care is key to prevention.
In addition to enrollment assistance, the fair will provide numerous resources including a Farmer's Market and Healthy Food Giveaway; money management advice, and help for immigrants including legal aid.
- What: Health Care Enrollment & Resource Fair
- When: Saturday, June 27, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Where: Richmond Memorial Auditorium & Convention Center, 403 Civic Center Plaza, Richmond
- Open to all residents of Contra Costa County
- More information: 510-307-5747
Partners include Contra Costa County, City of Richmond, Healthy Richmond, LifeLong Medical Care, Community Clinic Consortium, Brighter Beginnings, and the California Endowment.
MAKE IT A DAY! While the WeConnect event is happening inside the convention center, the Richmond Recreation & Park Commission is hosting a festival outside in the plaza, with music, classic cars, raffles and great food. This is followed by an "After Party" inside. Festival flier!
Important Note: To sign up for health care, please bring these documents:
- Proof of income
- Birth Certificate or Legal Resident Card
- Proof of Residency (PG&E, cable or telephone bill)
- Proof of Property/Assets (bank statement, vehicle registration)
- Medi-Cal Card (if applicable)
- Medi-Cal Renewal Form (if applicable)