It has been my honor and privilege to serve as President of ACCA for the year. Before I begin my second year in office, I'd like to say thank you for your continued support.
Thanks to you and your generous support, ACCA provided assistance to local families again in 2018. Here are just a few examples of your support at work:
- You helped to pay the rent for a parent who was unable to work during a period when his child, diagnosed with liver cancer, required surgery.
- You and other volunteers delivered over 1000 meals per month to shut-ins through Meals on Wheels.
- You and other volunteers collected and distributed warm winter clothing to local day laborers, local shelter residents and children at the ACCA Child Development Center.
- You and other volunteers repaired the home of a widow of modest means to assure her safety and quality of life.
- You awarded four-year college scholarships to high school seniors who have overcome disabilities to succeed in school and life.
- You provided furniture to more than 24,000 persons over the past 19 years.
Whether you delivered food or furniture, offered a ride to a medical appointment, or helped with housing repair, you made a difference.
If you donated canned goods, a warm coat, or surplus furniture, you made a difference. When you dedicated your time to volunteering at the Child Development Center, stocking the food pantry, or walklng in the CROP walk, you made a difference.
Finally, if you made a financial donation, you helped ACCA continue a 50-year old ministry of "doing what Jesus would do," to support those in our local community who need a helping hand.
Our goal for this year's Challenge Campaign is to raise $130,000 in donations between now and January 31, 2019. ACCA uses these funds to support the ACCA Child Development Center, to pay utility bills and rent for those facing eviction or the cutoff of services, to buy perishable foods, and to maintain our furniture delivery trucks.
If you haven't supported this year's Challenge Campaign, I hope you will do so today. To donate by mail, send your check payable to ACCA to 7200 Columbia Pike, Annandale, VA 22003. Please note "Challenge Campaign" in the memo line.
Thank you for supporting ACCA to help those in need in our community. Your contribution WILL make a difference!
Best wishes for the New Year.
P.S. ACCA was recognized once again as "one of the best small nonprofits in the DC Metro region" by the Catalogue for Philanthropy. Moreover, Fairfax County has invited ACCA to expand its childcare program, so that we can increase the number of low-income children served from 185 to over 220 children in the coming year.
Use this button to donate via the Catalogue for Philanthropy