With social distancing requirement in place, many have asked if farmers markets will be open this year. According to the Arkansas Department of Health, farmers markets are critical to ensuring Arkansans have access to healthy foods. Therefore, farmers markets that operate in unenclosed outdoor spaces can open this year but with certain restrictions.
- Sales are limited to food products only
- Live music, performances, cooking demonstrations and other live events are prohibited
- Vendors and customers are expected to maintain appropriate social distancing of 6 feet
Along with these modified requirements, ADH has provided a list of recommended practices to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 at our farmers markets.
- Implement a "no self-service" policy to discourage customers touching produce
- Offer pre-order and delivery options
- Wash or sanitize your hands between payment transactions
For all the recommendations and more information, check out the COVID-19 Guidance for Farmers Markets.