Connections and Education for 2021: Share your input!
This year, I’ll set up monthly or bimonthly gatherings starting in February, one for school and youth gardeners, and another for community gardeners -- you’re welcome to attend both! This will be a peer-learning network (also called a professional learning community), to share resources and information, learn from each other, and bring in outside speakers.
Each gathering will follow a similar format, with 45 minutes for an educational topic and discussion and 45 minutes for community updates and peer to peer learning. These gatherings will be informal, so you can join and leave at any time.
I need your input! When would you prefer to meet? What topics most interest you?
There are many more possible topics than we have time to cover! Which topics are priorities for you?
- Supporting English language learners with garden education
- Indoor growing opportunities
- Growing in greenhouses
- Social & emotional learning and mindfulness in the garden
- In-person outdoor instruction/ education during COVID
- Youth garden support for food pantries & food relief
- COVID-friendly outdoor classroom infrastructure & design
- Equity & access in garden education
- Donating fresh produce to food pantries & food relief
- Information about the Guilford Master Gardener Volunteer Program
- Beekeeping in Guilford County
- Permaculture Design
- Accessible & inclusive gardening
- Growing small fruits (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries)
- Therapeutic Gardening
- State & national networks of community & school gardeners
- Additional topics you want to learn more about in 2021!