In most years, I would use this letter to remind you that the National PTA was founded in 1897 in order to advocate for ALL students and support parent involvement and to inform you of all the ways parents, teachers and students can get involved, typically by volunteering. We know that when parents are involved with their children’s education, student achievement increases, school environments improve, and communities grow stronger.
But, as everyone knows, this 2020-21 school year is different. The ongoing pandemic is disrupting every aspect of normal society, including greatly limiting how our students and teachers can interact with one other and how the rest of us can help, at least physically. I challenge you to not let COVID-19 be an excuse to disengage but to help us re-double our efforts to ensure that EVERY student, teacher and family has what they need to succeed this very challenging year.
More than ever before, Morton PTSA will focus on the following five principles:
• Collaboration: We will work in partnership with a wide array of individuals and organizations to broaden and enhance our ability to serve and advocate for all children and families.
• Commitment: We are dedicated to children’s educational success, health, and well-being through strong family and community engagement, while remaining accountable to the principles upon which our association was founded.
• Diversity: We acknowledge the potential of everyone without regard, including but not limited to: age, culture, economic status, educational background, ethnicity, gender, geographic location, legal status, marital status, mental ability, national origin, organizational position, parental status, physical ability, political philosophy, race, religion, sexual orientation, and work experience.
• Respect: We value the individual contributions of members, employees, volunteers, and partners as we work collaboratively to achieve our association’s goals.
• Accountability: All members, employees, volunteers, and partners have a shared responsibility to align their efforts toward the achievement of our association’s strategic initiatives.
In these trying times, Morton PTSA needs you more than ever. Here is how you can help:
your student(s), yourself, and other family members for PTSA memberships, and then invite all the adults, Morton alumni/retired staff, and businesses you know to do the same. Individual memberships are $5. Business memberships are new to Morton PTSA this year. They are $50 and come with two named memberships. There are many perks to this package. Please contact us for more info.
2. Make a donation in any amount to Morton PTSA by clicking the DONATE NOW
button on our MemberHub store.
You are welcome to attend all PTSA General Membership meetings
. Our first meeting for the 2020-21 school year will be held September 10 at 7:00pm. For the time being, they will be held virtually. Zoom links are on the website, just click the meeting date. The links will also be posted to the Morton PTSA Facebook
Speaking of social media, follow us on Instagram - @mortonptsa
If at any time I may be of service to you or your student, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your partner in education,
Brandon Sharp, President
Morton Middle School PTSA
There Is No Wrong Way To PTA. How Do You PTA?