Friends and Colleagues -
This year's High Holy Days - in Israel, New England and around the world, will be very different than past years.
Our support for the State of Israel should not be any different.
You should have recently received a message from our CEO, Israel Maimon. This email is a follow-up with some additional specifics related to our Region.
You and your staff are undoubtedly working hard to determine how to best handle regular synagogue activities as well as the High Holy Days - to make them meaningful and also keep congregants safe from the possibility of spreading COVID19. We at Israel Bonds have similar concerns regarding the health and welfare of our communities as well as continuing to provide Israel with the support needed from diaspora communities.
We know you are busy and ask that you just take a few minutes to read the below. We hope what we are sharing will be helpful to you in your efforts to provide meaningful experiences to your congregants throughout the duration of the pandemic and specifically for the High Holy Days.
Israel Bonds will be doing the following:
Creating a series of National Synagogue events from August to October which will be open to all. These national events will include diverse topics and personalities and will be appropriate for all denominations. We hope you will share the program invitations with your congregations. As mentioned in Israel Maimon's email the dates are:
- 8/18: Israel Bonds Blessings for a New Year featuring Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu & Israel's Ambassador to the US, Ron Dermer
- 9/10: Israel Bonds' Chef's Table featuring Michael Solomonov
- 9/15: Live from the Kotel with Israel Bonds
- 10/1: A Special Sukkot with Israel Bonds
- 10/18: Israel Bonds Women's Division Archaeological Tour of the ancient Talmudic village of Korazim
Creating paths for synagogues and congregants to invest in the State of Israel, including:
- Resource material (with a very short video which can be used around or during virtual services) sharing how we can support our Synagogues, ourselves and the State of Israel through bonds.
- Speaking points to help turn your Israel advocates to appeal givers in your congregation.
- A virtual tab card will be available on our website to simplify communication.
Remember every Israel bond investment - no matter the sum - is one that strengthens Israel and the future for the Jewish people. When an Israel bond is purchased, the principal is returned along with interest. At a time of continued volatility in financial markets, Israel bonds are recognized as reliable investments and can provide a portfolio with a unique opportunity for preservation of capital.
For more information or to discuss your synagogue's plans now or in the near future, and especially planning for the High Holy Days, please contact the Boston Office at (617) 723-2400 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
With gratitude for your partnership,
Jonathan R. Lang
New England Region
Direct Line 857-243-6330
Development Corporation for Israel
210 Union Wharf
Boston, MA 02109
PHOTOS: 123RF, ISTOCK, ADOBE STOCK, JAMES S. GALFUND