It’s the FINAL COUNTDOWN!
The Great Gathering is 10 days away but who’s counting?
Friday, November 5th from 7:00pm - 11:00pm
Braemar Golf Club, Edina
Here is your top 10 list to get you ready!
10. Last Call for Small Gathering Donations! Friday is the deadline. Small gatherings are one way we raise a lot of money for Highlands AND build community. Still need an idea or help in planning a Small Gathering? Connect with Sam Pote.
9. Last Call for Classroom Basket Donations! Friday is the deadline. Classrooms have been assigned themes and corresponding Amazon Wishlists for easy purchasing! Contact your room parents or Shawna Wagoner with questions.
8. Last Call for Whiskey & Wine Donations! Friday is the deadline. Minimum $25 value. Two convenient drop off locations:
Lissa Diebold’s Home - Highlands / Mirror Lakes
Ada Dong’s Home - Morningside
7. Don’t wait in line! Buy your ticket(s) ahead of time!
6. Volunteer! Remember it’s for the kids! Sign up to help with the set up, take a shift during the event or clean up. It takes a lot to make this happen.
5. Did someone say Auctria? Auctria is the online platform where all the magic happens. Make sure you sign up ahead of time so you can preview Small Gatherings, peruse Classroom Baskets and check out Classroom Art! This will save you time when small gatherings open and bidding begins to purchase the items you want! It is also the way to still participate if you can’t join us in person on November 5th!**
4. Who wants a Husky Hug? The Husky Hug is the official cocktail of this year’s Great Gathering and will be served up in a reusable mug that is yours to keep! In addition to this fun libation, there will be a full bar, heavy appetizers and plenty of space to mix and mingle. Make sure you introduce yourself to new people. We are ALL Highlands and here to support our amazing school!
3. Dressy Casual, Chic Casual, or just Casual all work but don’t forget your mask! There is no formal dress code for the GG. Jeans and a fun top is always a great option. The Braemar Golf Club patio will be open and available to us so don’t forget to dress for the weather if you want to spend time outdoors mingling!
2. Don’t forget your mask! Masks will be required at check in and in the restaurant area where the classroom baskets and artwork will be on display for viewing. Masks are encouraged in all other areas if you are not actively eating or drinking.
1. Have FUN! Connect with new and old friends, say hi to teachers and staff and make sure to play the fun games happening throughout the night! There will be a whiskey ring toss, a wine ring toss, a 50/50 key raffle, a chance to Snag a Snowshoe and other fun raffles all evening.
**Can’t make it to the Great Gathering in person this year? No fear, you can still participate! Create an Auctria account and you will be able to purchase spots in Small Gatherings, bid on Classroom Baskets and Classroom Artwork and buy raffle tickets!
Still have questions about the Great Gathering? Check our FAQs!