- Happy Red Ribbon Week from Students Against Destructive Decisions! According to the CDC, the most common reason United States high school students give for trying an e-cigarette is “a friend used them.” The most common reason youth give for continuing to use e-cigarettes is because they are feeling “anxious, stressed, or depressed.” Celebrate Life. Live Drug Free.
- Photo club meets on Mondays after school in the new photo lab 212. The sinks are here and we are making plans. Stop by Monday after school or send an email to Mr. Gawlik to get on our remind list if you are still interested in joining us. Club pictures are tomorrow. Hope to see you at our meeting!
- Interested in playing sports in college? Come out Monday October 24th 6:30pm to the Main Gym and hear how recruiting works. This information is for all grade levels.
- Interested in getting involved in a winter sport this year? Girls bowling is a great opportunity to participate in a sport and have some fun! Come to the Girls Bowling informational meeting on Tuesday 10/25 after school in room 110. Learn about our season and receive tryout information. No previous experience is necessary! Any questions? Contact Mrs. McPhillips or Mrs. Jaczak.
- All girls interested in trying out for gymnastics must attend the interest meeting on Tuesday October 25 at 3:05 in the new gymnastics gym. Hope to see you there. See Coach Estoque with any questions.
- Please join the South Asian Students Union in celebrating the festival of Diwali and Indian New Year this Wednesday October 26th during all lunch periods. We will be decorating diyas (candles) and doing henna (temporary tattoos) in the new students commons area periods 4-8 and we hope everyone can stop by to celebrate the festival of lights!
- All BPA Members, please join us at 7:15 in the auditorium on Thursday, October 27 to meet your mentor team and find out what's ahead for the season so you can get started on your projects!
- Thursday October 27th is the Fall Choir Concert at 7:00pm in the Auditorium. Please come and hear our talented Red Devil Choirs perform. Friday October 28th is the HCHS String Festival at 7:00pm in the Gym. Come and hear the talented Red Devil Orchestras perform as well as the orchestras from the middle schools.
- CARE Club is sponsoring a Howl-o-ween Pet Costume Contest! Students, faculty and staff can use the QR code on posters around the school to submit a photo of your pet in a Howl-o-ween costume! Schoolwide voting will take place on Monday the 31st! Prizes will be awarded for the winners!
- Are you interested in trying out for Boys Basketball? Pre-season player meetings are on the following days: Freshman - Tuesday, November 1st at 3:05 in Room 291. Sophomores and Varsity - Wednesday, November 2nd at 12:35 in Room 291 (Early Release day) Tryouts begin Monday, November 7. Any questions, please contact Coach Doyle, Coach Kalal, or Coach Latorre.
Thanks and have a great day and Go Red Devils!