Environmental Education Coordinator
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Closes January 7th, 2013
Mission:Tualatin Riverkeepers (TRK) is a community-based organization working to protect and restore Oregon's Tualatin River system. TRK builds watershed stewardship through education, public access to nature, restoration and advocacy.
Position Description: TRK seeks an experienced educator to lead its outdoor education programs for youth. The Environmental Education Coordinator will facilitate: school presentations, field trips and summer day camps. TRK serves children ages k-8 in the Tualatin River watershed, primarily Washington County. School field trips and summer day camps take place outside at Summer Creek Natural Area in Tigard. The position includes both community leadership and direct service with children. Fundraising including grant preparation and reporting and contract management are significant duties.
- Implement Nature Awareness school field trip programs, in classrooms and outdoors
- Curriculum development - linked to state and local education benchmarks
- Collaborate with partner organizations to serve diverse audiences
- Facilitate Volunteer Naturalist training annually, coordinate existing volunteers
- Develop and facilitate Nature Day Camp
- Recruit, train and manage two Nature Day Camp Program Assistants
- Manage programmatic web site, camp registration and payment
- Coordinate programmatic marketing with TRK staff and volunteers
- Assist with programmatic budget development and fundraising efforts to include grant
- preparation, reporting and contract management
Compensation: Salary: $30,000 - $35,000 annual salary, Health Insurance and Retirement Plan, flexible hours and paid vacation
- Valid driver's license & reliable vehicle
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to speak comfortably in front of adult and youth groups
- Willingness to provide programming to diverse audiences
- 4 years experience working with children in an educational setting
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Education, Natural Resources or related field
- Relevant experience in Environmental Education
- Ability to communicate in Spanish
- Grant writing experience
To Apply: Submit resume and cover letter and answers to following essay questions to
Margot Fervia-Neamtzu email@example.com or
11675 SW Hazelbrook Rd,
Tualatin, OR 97062
Please include the following answers in your cover letter.
1. What do the following words mean to you?
2. What is your experience working directly with children?
3. Why is environmental education important?