"History and Polity of the Church of the Nazarene” (PAS-2023)
Join us for an 11-Week Course via Zoom
Instructor: Rev. Eloisa Rudeen
Date: Tuesday evenings beginning on April 6th
Time: 6:30 - 10:00 pm
A study of the history of the Church of the Nazarene with special attention given to its organization, heritage, and distinctive mission.
These are some of the course intended learning outcomes:
1. Locate the Church of the Nazarene within the Wesleyan, evangelical, and holiness traditions of the larger Christian family.
2. Identify the factors leading to the rise of the Church of the Nazarene as well as those contributing to the growth, development, and perpetuation of the denomination.
3. Name and discuss key leaders who organized the new work and contributed to its story over the years.
4. Understand and articulate the distinctive doctrine of the Church of the Nazarene in biblical, evangelical, and Christian context.
5. Communicate the unique values, social principles, and ethical standards of the Church of the Nazarene: how/why they were formed, how/why they were modified, and why they are important today.
For more information please contact Rev. Eloisa at