Step 1: Plug in OnCommand® Link to Vehicle
1. KEY ON/ENGINE OFF
2. Plug OnCommand® Link into the vehicle 9-pin diagnostic port.
3. Confirm green PWR light is ON.
4. WAIT for about 4 minutes for device to boot up and listen for 2 beeps.
5. Confirm the amber APP light is ON.
Step 2: Connect Personal Device to OnCommand® Link
Have the sticker with the SSID and password available for the following:
1. Open the network settings on your personal device.
2. Select the network name that contains the last 8 digits of the SSID provided or last 9 of VIN.
3. Enter the password provided.
Step 3: Connect OnCommand® Link to Internet
1. Open a web browser.
2. Enter: http://192.168.100.1 to open the OnCommand® Link web app.
3. Go to: MENU>Network Settings; select your Wi-Fi network. If prompted, log into your network.
4. Click Save. WAIT for the settings to take effect.
Note: If connection is lost, between the personal device and the link, repeat Step 2: Connect Personal Device to OnCommand® Link.
Step 4: Over-the-Air Programming
1. Connect using Step 2: Connect Personal Device to OnCommand® Link section.
2. For Cummins Engines, perform ‘Step 4A: Update Cummins Engines’.
3. In the Available Update screen, click Update Calibration to initiate software update.
4. Read the pop-up warning window and click Accept.
5. Wait for the Engine Calibration Up-to-Date message to confirm successful update.
Step 4A: Update Cummins Engines
Note: The update process is divided into four phases. Do not disconnect the OnCommand® Link from the vehicle during this process.
1. Perform Step 3: Connect OnCommand® Link to internet, to check for updates.
2. If you see a message Engine Calibration up-to-date, there is no update available.
3. Otherwise, the OnCommand® Link application page will indicate the update process and provide instructions.