2022 was a busy year for the Greenbrier River
Watershed Board members and volunteers
* April - We held our annual Make-It-Shine event and picked up about 500 lbs of trash at the Fort Spring boat launch. Later in the month, Board member Autumn Crowe and coordinator Louanne Fatora distributed watershed material at the Earth Day celebration and toured the newly remodeled water treatment plant at the Town of Marlinton.
* May - We were present at the regional watershed meeting at Little Beaver State Park and also hosted "Walk for Appalachia's Future" and showed the movie, "Hard Road of Hope"
* June - found us at the Red Nose Run in Ronceverte with a table of watershed information. Later that month, two interpretive signs were installed at the Ronceverte and Fort Spring boat launches.
* July - Board members discussed our mussel project at the White Sulphur Springs fish hatchery and also attended a watershed event at the Sweet Springs Resort.
* September - We attended the Freshwater Folk Festival and discussed watershed issues and had activities for kids to engage with.
* October - For the first time ever, we hosted a table at TOOT in Lewisburg selling cookies and warm apple cider for fund raising. We had watershed creatures scratch art and educational activities for kids about recycling. Lots of people stopped by to pick up our brochures and discuss watershed issues.
All through the year we were also busy holding our monthly meetings and planning future activities. We have been partnering with the West Virginia Rivers Coalition, WV DEP Save Our Streams, Mountain Resource Conservation & Development, USF&WS Fish Hatchery as well as other conservation groups on many different projects!
We hope you stay tuned as we are looking forward to another busy year in 2023.
Some of the projects in the planning stages:
* Annual Spring Make-It-Shine
* A spring time watershed celebration in conjunction with a Rain
Barrel Workshop and education event.
* "Trash Your Kayak" river clean up float event
* Watershed Assessment of water quality
* Mussel restoration project
* Local event attendance
We thank you for your continued support!