Dear Church Family,
One of the important things we are doing during this interim time is talking with one another. The Holy Conversations we are having will be input to our Church Profile that is part of the search process for a new settled senior pastor.
Truth be told, the first Holy Conversation on hymns was really a practice so we could work out process kinks. Still you provided great thoughts and comments, and we were able to learn from you!
Members of the Search Committee, who are now serving as support for this crucial interim process, reviewed the input from those conversations and found the following common themes and threads:
Music is an important part of our worship, theology and spiritual life.
- The chosen hymns all had very positive, uplifting and loving messages.
- We have good memories connected to particular hymns.
Community is one of our core values. We see our community as...
- Open and inclusive--everyone is truly welcome
- Working together to be God's hands and feet in the world...serving, working for justice...creating change
- Not confined to the walls of the church. Important to BE the church in the world
- Caring for and supporting one another at all ages and stages...special focus on children and youth...church as family
- Learning, growing, changing, searching, asking questions
- Growing and maintaining relationship and connection
- Stronger together and with God
We see God as...
- Source of wisdom, knowledge, enlightenment
- Love...inclusive and empowering
- Constant, spirit with us always...throughout our lives
- Present and active, but not controlling
- Source of hope, comfort, joy, inspiration, encouragement
- Source of guidance, vision, direction
- A force for justice and change in the world
- Accepting, a safe place, a place of rest, shelter, peace
Thank you for all who participated. We learned a lot and hope you did too.
Be sure to read below where we layout October's Holy Conversation on History. We look forward to continuing to learn from and with you.
Peace and love to you all,
Your Interim Support/Search Team