April 2017 ENews
The Homestead Neighborhood Association normally meets the First Tuesday of every month, 7pm at the OHSU Child Development and Rehabilitation Center; 707 SW Gaines, Third Floor.
Homestead Neighborhood Association will meet Tuesday, April 4, 2017 at 7pm. We will be discussing the following:
- Vote to Prioritize Homestead's Transportation Special Projects List. This list is forwarded to the City to provide input into future neighborhood transportation preferences.
- Discussion about reactivating the OHSU Meter District, what funds might be available and projects that might be accomplished with these funds.
- Discussion to facilitate consensus on what might be the Neighborhood Association's official position regarding location preference of the SW Connector-Barbur Blvd. or Naito Parkway.
- Celebrate Our Success Event -
discussion will identify successes in 2016. The event is in lieu of Volunteer of the Year Event and will be held June 5, 2017, 6:30 to 8:30 pm at Multnomah Arts Center.
- SWNI Communications Committee Survey - a survey will be available to provide feedback to SWNI regarding support resources.
Other news and updates:
OHSU Dental School Demolition Update:
OHSU is in the process of demolishing their former School of Dentistry building on SW Campus Drive, west of Terwilliger. Most of the work in 2017 will occur inside the building, with very little noise or activity noticeable from outside the building. Demolition activities will be more noticeable January through August of 2018, as the building shell itself is demolished. During peak periods, this work will result in typical construction noise during standard work hours, and can include up to 25 trucks a day of debris and fill dirt being moved to and from the deconstruction site. If you have any questions about the deconstruction project, feel free to reach out to Michael Harrison, OHSU Neighborhood Relations, 503.494.8681 or
Duniway Park Track Update:
Portland Parks reports that due to the very wet weather lately they are still waiting to install the last layers of track surfacing. Therefore, Duniway Park will continue to be an active construction site until this summer. To help keep the track surface clean between surfacing applications, Parks is asking that people stay out of the construction area until the fences are removed.
Vice-President, Homestead Neighborhood Association
If you no longer live or own property in the Homestead neighborhood and do not want to receive these emails, please reply accordingly and we will remove your email address from our list-serve. Thank-you.