Don't Forget: Honor Refugee & Immigrant Welcome Sunday
THIS WEEK, and Continue to Urge Congress to
Stop Separating Families at the Border!!
*Honor Refugee & Immigrant Welcome Sunday this weekend, or another soon!
Click here for resources!
*On Saturday, June 16, 1 pm Eastern, Join Religious Leaders in a Prayer Vigil with Immigrant Dads and Children from Ohio Areas Impacted by Massive Immigration Raids at Corso's Flower and Garden Centers Last Week: See here:
*On Father's Day, June 17th,
to See How You Can Support Migrant Dads!
*Also On Father's Day, at 1 pm CT in Ursula, Texas, follow on Facebook or Follow #FamiliesBelongTogether on Twitter for Livestream from the
Ursula Border Patrol Processing Center to raise your voice against Family Separations.
*Then, Visit here to Find the Images Above and the Additional Resources Below to
Continue the National Faith Community Push to Help Children and Parents Being Separated at the Border!
LEARN AND PRAY ABOUT WHAT IS HAPPENING
HEAR HOW DISCIPLES & FAITH PARTNERS ARE RESPONDING
SEE RELATED LEGISLATION SO FAR INTRODUCED
- Feinstein, with 31 co-sponsors, introduces bill to end family separation
- Ryan and the White House have introduced a "compromise" immigration bill, although it will NOT end family separation. As long as Trump Admin keeps choosing to prosecute 100% of parents, their kids will still be taken away from them. NO provision in the bill ending family separation.
ACT TO HELP END FAMILY SEPARATION
Your faith voice is needed to help stop family separation! Continue to return
for additional opportunities for action, as they develop, for faith communities to support children and parents in detention.
- Sign as Women of Faith, Clergy and Lay Persons: Click here to call upon DHS Secretary Nielsen to stop separating children from their parents at the border.
- Sign as ALL Community Members: Click here to sign this petition to ask the administration, through the DHS (Department of Homeland Security), ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement) and CBP (Customs and Border Patrol) to keep families together.
- Call Members of Congress: Dial 1-866-940-2439 to connect to your 2 Senators and 1 Representative to let your legislators know you value the ability for families to stay together. Ask them to work for solutions that help the root causes of violence that are causing parents and children to need to escape, especially from Honduras, El Salvador, and Guatemala. Urge them to request the administration to stop separating families, and share scriptures that influence your values. Find your officials here.
- Plan an Action with local clergy and layleaders at your U.S. Senators' and Representative's area offices! See this article for inspiration: Clergy Hit the Hill to Support Children Being Separated from their Parents. Consider delivering bears, with your message about the importance for parents to be able to comfort and protect their children.
- Raise your concerns on Social Media: Use images like the ones on this page and click here for sample social media posts. Make your own posts, and be sure to tweet to RIM at @StanleyRea, and to like and send to our Facebook at: Refugee and Immigration Ministries Disciples Home Missions
For advocacy and refugee resettlement questions, contact:
ev. Dr. Sharon Stanley-Rea, Director, Disciples Refugee & Immigration Ministries,
and select "Refugee & Immigration Ministries."
Thanks for raising your voice and values of faith to support immigrants and refugees, and for answering the call to "open your mouths to defend the rights...of the needy." (Proverbs 31:8)
5 Thomas Circle NW, Washington, DC 20005
(2nd floor, National City Christian Church)
RIM is a ministry of Disciples Home Missions