In the midst of the Horror of the Russian Invasion of
Ukraine I do still have hope that this breakdown for the world will create a more lasting peace in the world and let me tell you why;
- For the first time in over 100 years Switzerland is no longer Neutral!!!
For a Jew who was born at
the end of WWII this is not
just hopeful it is an action
that will save lives. Thank you
- Germany is sending Arms to the Jewish President of Ukraine whose grandfather died in the Holocaust. Talk about coming full circle for all of us. Thank you Germany!
- FIFA is refusing to play matches with Russia. They have NEVER and I mean NEVER reacted in this way.
Thank You FIFA
- NATO is more organized then ever before and it has condemned the Russian Invasion and joined together in Sanctions as well as closing airspace to Russia. For those of you who missed the NATO history lesson. It was formed after WWII as a way to prevent any other WW's.And now countries like Finland, who never asked for membership before are now asking to join. Thank you NATO.
- The People of Ukraine and it's President and governing body are examples to all of us of what leadership should be and how it should operate in times of upheaval. This is truly David up against Goliath!
Thank you people of Ukraine
for showing us all what true
patriotism looks like.
These are just a few of the ways
this breakdown, caused by Russia,
is bringing our world together in a way it hasn't been together EVER!
Lastly this is what Galina Herzig
wrote to me today. Galina is a Women Moving Forward® Graduate and a participant in the Women's Leadership Retreat® She is from Ukraine now living in Germany. However she still has family and friends in Ukraine.
I want you to see the sadness and distress as well as the resolve she has in what she wrote to me;
apologies for the late reply, I am on the phone with Ukraine the whole time, checking on my father and my friends. Everyone is ok.
My home time was attacked by missiles. Kiew is under attack all the time. My friends there spend every night in the underground parking which serves as a bomb shelter. My beautiful university city Odessa expects attack from the sea any day. The defenders laid mines on the city beaches to prevent the Russian landing.
My Russian-speaking friends in Ukraine refuse to speak the language anymore. People are unbelievably courageous and the spirits are high.
I feel incredibly proud of Ukraine, its people and its President. And I wish that Putin and Lukashenko will find their justice at the International Tribunal in The Hague and their due place in hell.
A big hug,
Hope is not something we feel outside of the reality of the breakdown we are in, NO! Hope is what we feel IN THE BREAKDOWN as we look at what is missing and take the action to provide that.
So here are some Organizations that are doing what is needed in Ukraine and in countries receiving the refugees. Pick one and take action to support Ukraine;
Doctors Without Borders
Global Empowerment Mission
World Central Kitchen
Global Giving Ukraine Crisis Relief Fund
International Rescue Committee
Save The Children
Razom for Ukraine
The Red Cross
Having Hope is doing something, taking action!
Let me know what you think & what you are doing.