Good morning, Hope!
In this update:
1. Advent Begins
2. Additional Parking
It's the most wonderful time of the year. It's wonderful because we celebrate the coming of the Savior of the world. We celebrate as we remember Jesus' birth and we celebrate his promised return. It's all about him.
Here are a few highlights of our planned celebrations for you and for those you will invite:
- Weekend worship services: Saturdays at 5:00 pm and Sundays at 9:15 & 11:00 am. These contemporary worship services are filled with great music, preaching and fellowship. Kids and families, keep an eye out this Advent season for Friendly Joseph and Friendly Mary...and eventually Friendly Baby Jesus!
- Advent Project: This year, in partnership with Convoy of Hope and the local church, we are raising money to help develop and sustain thriving communities in the Philippines! By focusing on agriculture, nutrition, education and women's empowerment opportunities throughout these islands, together we can make a difference!
- Christmas and Jazz: This has become one of the most fun nights of the year for couples, small groups and friends. A great night out (childcare provided) with a catered meal, fun and of course great live Christmas jazz. Register online.
- Children's Christmas Program: Sunday, Dec. 16 at 9:15 & 11:00 am. The children of HopeKids will share the message of Jesus' birth in a fun and creative way.
- Christmas Caroling: Sunday Dec. 16, 5:00 pm. This is one of the most fun events of the year. Let's meet and sing Christmas carols door to door in the neighborhoods surrounding the church. It's a great way to have fun with the family, small groups and friends. Hot chocolate and marshmallows for all!
- Christmas Eve Candlelight Services:
- Sunday, Dec. 23, 10:00 am and 1:00 & 3:00 pm
- Monday, Dec. 24, 1:00, 3:00 & 5:00 pm
- Christmas Day Service: Tuesday, Dec. 25, 10:00 am at Hope West Des Moines
We are making room...for people! This means we are pouring more parking places at our new church. We have 45 parking places to add (each spot has a price tag of $1,500). Our goal is to have the funds raised by the weekend of Dec. 8 & 9. Individuals, small groups and families are giving to the project online (
Grimes Building Fund
) or by check with all contributions marked with the
Anticipating Jesus' return,