Summer Acts of Service
This week’s Summer ACTS of Service focus is the Loudoun County Animal Services. Some may know it as the animal shelter, a place to adopt a pet. While this is true, the Loudoun County Animal Services provides much more to our community.
The Loudoun County Animal Services (LCAS) works each day to ensure a compassionate,
humane community for animals and people. LCAS operates an animal shelter, which provides for companion animals who have been surrendered by their owners or found stray in the county. The shelter also has pets for adoption.
Loudoun County Animal Services team of Animal Control Officers enforce local and state animal laws and investigate reports of animal cruelty. They also respond to calls regarding injured or sick wildlife. LCAS works closely with Blue Ridge Wildlife Center when injured or sick wildlife are considered candidates for rehabilitation.
Below are ways Crossroads is encouraging families and individuals to support the Loudoun County Animal Services’ important work:
- Donate handmade dog toys to the LCAS. Watch this tutorial for making dog toys. These simple and easy to make toys are a fun activity for all to enjoy. All you need is a tee shirt! All dog toys can be dropped off at Crossroads Entrance 1 any time before Friday, June 26th at 4pm.
- Follow LCAS Facebook page for ways they are serving in the community. Wildlife Wednesday and Critter Crafts Friday are weekly features that are educational and fun.
- Visit LCAS website for more information about other programs they provide.
- LCAS accepts donations for their food pantry. Check here for a complete list and ways to purchase.
- Consider adopting or fostering animals or volunteering at the shelter. Click here for details.
Before you serve with action, begin by going through the reflection questions that can be found
. We go inward to reflect and then we go outward to serve.