In November I attended my first "
Hope4Women International" Graduation and my first Dress Outreach through "
Dress A Girl Around the World". The Graduation Ceremony was held at the new "
complex in Tororro, Uganda. A total of 161 women were graduating from the 2019 program. I have been a volunteer for a couple of years. My husband and I decided it was time that at least one of us make the long trip to see how H4WI is making a difference in Uganda. We knew there was a positive impact, but I can now say with total conviction that it is so much more than I had ever imagined. For some...life or death. For others...life or death for one or more of their children. For all...a chance to improve their lives.
The women that go through this program are so thankful for the help that they receive, they pray blessings regularly upon the sponsors so they can help other women in the future. They are so proud of their accomplishments. It changes their destiny in a totally positive way! The impact that this program has on these women is unimaginable. The joy on their faces as they received their diplomas was indescribable. Unimaginable and indescribable seem like to simple of words for the effect this program has on it's women, but there are no true words to describe the joy in these women on graduation day.
I know from experience now, pictures only give you a peek into what a sponsorship can do. I've seen it..... I've had them look deep into my eyes with the most sincere gratitude I've ever seen. These sponsorships truly do make a huge difference in these women's lives. Just look at the smiles in the background. Those smiles are all a result of someone who said "Yes...I'll make a difference".
For us, knowing that we were sponsoring a particular woman, as apposed to a broad cause, has been an incredible journey. For all of us who have had boots on the ground in Uganda, we all came home feeling our sponsorship money was in good hands and well spent. It has been life changing for all of the sponsors! "Please... Let one of these ladies change your life as well".
Learn more about
by visiting our website at:
In Africa there is a saying..."If you teach a man, you've taught just one man. If you teach a woman, you've taught an entire family". Please seriously consider sponsoring a women from this program. I can tell you from personal experience, you WILL make a huge impact in the life of our sisters and their families in Uganda. For $36.00 a month you too can be the hands and feet of Jesus. Please consider being the tool that God uses to bless these women. You will find that you also, will be blessed.
- Please review a few of the available women below waiting to be sponsored.
- If your heart is moved to improve the life of one of these women, please download the sponsorship form, print and fill it out. Remember your sponsorship is tax deductible and we will make sure you have the correct tax forms to assist your tax filing.
- E-Mail your form to Lisa Witham Foerster, Head of Women Sponsorship's Hope4Women International. See her email below.
- Please realize you may be asked to select another women if your first choice is already taken. We try very hard to keep our list of available women current, but they are available on a first come first serve basis. Please be understanding if this happens.
- You will have the opportunity to write to your sponsored women. You also will have the chance to attend their graduation and personally present their graduation certificate to your sponsored women if you choose! I can truly say it was one of the top highlights of my life.
- Please contact Lisa@H4WI.org with any questions about sponsoring any of these women!