Celebrating the Mind/Body Link!
The month of May is a time to celebrate the profound beneficial effect that regular exercise provided through structured physical activity routines, and/or sport participation can have on emotional wellbeing.
People who exercise regularly tend to do so because they:
- Sleep better at night
- Feel more relaxed and positive about themselves and their lives
- Feel more energetic throughout the day
- Tend to make healthier food choices
- Get routine ailments less often
- Feel they have another tool to help cope and/or manage their diabetes, asthma, anxiety, etc.
Thoughts, attitudes and personal strengths used to achieve success in personal fitness, wellness and sports can be used to achieve success in other areas of life. An example of this might be tapping your positive attitude, and maintaining a calm, relaxed state when giving a class presentation, going into an important meeting, and/or to communicate your thoughts, feelings, and needs to others.
So where should you start?
Start Small. Start Today. Build in a little more each week.
Aim to take a 15-minute brisk walk each day to help clear your mind, improve your mood, and boost your energy levels!