The Canadian Commission on Building and Fire Codes (CCBFC) has invited code users and stakeholders to participate in the fall 2019 public review of proposed changes to Codes Canada publications:
- National Building Code of Canada 2015 (NBC)
- National Fire Code of Canada 2015 (NFC)
- National Plumbing Code of Canada 2015 (NPC)
This national public review
closes December 23, 2019.
The purpose of this public review is to:
- Provide Code users and stakeholders with a detailed look at proposed technical changes and
- Seek comment on each proposed technical change as to whether it should be approved, altered, or rejected.
Codes Canada website
for full details and a short summary of the fall 2019 proposed changes.
An additional national public review will open in
which will include changes being proposed to the National Energy Code for Buildings, as well as changes related to accessibility, large farm buildings and updates to referenced standards.
Watch for more information from BILD Alberta summarizing the proposed technical changes, their impact on members and how you can get involved and have your say. If you have questions or concerns please contact