How Did Our Country Come To Be So Divided?
Talking to God this morning, I asked Him with a breaking heart, "How did our Country get here?"
But I already knew:
1) Silencing God from every public arena.
2) Destroying the traditional family.
3) Killing our unborn children.
4) Not having to work for food, shelter, basic needs.
5) Rampant materialism. Success tied to having the most, best "stuff."
6) "Dumbing down" our children from everything that made our Nation strong. (Would most young people even know what the Constitution says or how a Republic works?)
7) Video games, (many violent), "smart phones" by the age of 8-10 full of ungodly photos and information, and constant noise from a leftist, agenda driven media.
8) The "bullies" winning the day in most every arena of life.
9) No accountability or demand for the "rule of law" applied justly and fairly to everyone.
10) Loss of respect for authority of any kind.
We can't blame God for this. It's on us! We have had our eyes closed, either by choice, distraction or intimidation.
The question now is, are we going to the logical end on this path of destruction or will we take a stand? I don't see any easy way ahead.
However, I know that God told the Israelites, "If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."
2 Chronicles 7:14
The same God is still on the throne. Christians in our Nation right now must unapologetically "stand in the gap," seek His face, pray fervently and not give up on teaching the truth at every opportunity, (which means getting off of our comfortable pews and teaching classes for our young people and getting out of our comfortable buildings into the world. There is no "retirement" from teaching God's Word).
Being a faithful Christian has been too "easy" for us and because of that, the next generation may be persecuted for saying that Jesus Christ is the Son of God!
Time is short . . . ⏳
I love you sweet sisters in Christ . . . may God bless our efforts to His glory!