Send This E-newsletter to
Top 20 New Year's Resolutions
Cathy Harris, Empowerment and Motivational Speaker,
Non-GMO Health and Wellness Expert, Advice Columnist and
One More Push To Help You Find Even More Happiness...
Do Your Own #HappinessProject
Dec. 27, 2018
This morning I woke up one week before
New Year 2019
and I felt that many of you still needed help creating the type of life that you can truly love and bring even more happiness into your life.
As I prepare to get away from my
and transition to
, I just felt I needed to give you one more push to move forward in 2019.
If my life can serve in any way for you to come up with
strategies to create your
#NewLife, then by all means use my info to the best of your ability.
Make New Year Resolutions
At one point in my life I would make around 15
New Years Resolutions
, but after becoming an
, I learned to set weekly, monthly and yearly goals.
So when the New Year rolls around, all I need to do is
and #KeepMoving in the direction of my dreams.
The problem today is many people are caught up in dilemmas that they can't seem to get themselves out of. In many cases it's because of the people they have allowed to come into #TheirCircles and many others are just #AfraidOfChange.
With fear you need to learn to
. Action alleviates fear and there is some type of action for every type of fear.
Just keep walking through the fear and eventually your fear will turn into #Joy and
. It's there waiting for you just around the corner, but you have to keep walking -
Gain Access To Great Information
In 2017, as an Empowerment Speaker and Researcher, I spent 4 months reading books and listening to audiobooks on how the #HumanBrain actually operates and because of the info that I learned, I was able to implement even more #GreatInformation into my life.
But what this really did for me was to prepare me for my "One Year Gardening Journey" shortly afterwards. Most people have never done something specifically for one year, so again, this #GardeningJourney will be
#ForeverEtched in my #BrainBank.
What I learned moreso than anything else is because the
operates your #EntireBody, if the brain is not in sync with your body, you will have a hard time moving forward. However, there is hope because you can
and become even more happier and get back on track with your life.
Read The Book "The Happiness Project"
I have a great line of 'easy-to-read' non-fiction books at
, 26 total, but because I want you guys to be successful and you know I am not selfish, I also recommend books by other authors.
I thought seriously about researching
#BooksOnHappiness. However, happiness and the brain are so closely related, so I probably don't need to shut down to educate myself on happiness.
As a matter of fact as I went on a road trip for Chrismas 2018 and drove 9 hours to be with family during this holiday season, I listened to one of the best audiobooks I have heard in a while -- "The Happiness Project."
I had wanted to read or listen to the book years ago when the author was on Oprah. But I seriously believe, "When the student is ready, the teacher will appear."
The book laid out a 12 month action plan for anyone seeking to bring even more happiness into their lives. It's not just about the author's #HappinessProject,
but you can do
The author's happiness project lasted a year, so how long will yours last? For some you don't need an entire year to change your behavior. Just remember you don't need to be great to get started, but you have to get started to be great.
Just some of #MySteps and steps that the book suggested to bring even more happiness into your life include:
Listen to Music More:
Music stimulates the part of your brain that causes happiness.
can create peak emotions, which increase the amount of dopamine, a specific neurotransmitter that is produced in the
and helps control the brain's
Meditation: I am a
alert along with reducing stress and enhancing
. Some schools are even using
meditation to help kids deal with stressful situations. You can find great meditation
on YouTube.com or
on your phone or computer. You can meditate sitting up or lying down. You can meditate from the comfort of your own home for 15 to 30 minutes everyday or find a meetup.com group or another meditation
in your community.
Do Yoga: Yoga, like
extremely good for the brain. They both are actually two of the
#BestExercises for the
. If you have never
done yoga before then start
now. Not only will it increase your
prevent middle-age spread
. This is an exercise the entire family can do. You can do yoga from the comfort of your home by downloading a
on your phone or computer or watch it on
Replace Negative Thoughts with Good Thoughts: To be happy you have to think
. This will take some
practice but it can be done. It helps when you surround yourself with
positive things (memories)
Everytime you get a
negative thought in your mind, replace it right away with a positive thought. This is why it's important to have great information in your
- Do Hypnosis: I actually had hypnosis for 'sleep issues' for 10 minutes with a professional at an event in my last city and it worked. So whenever I have an issue getting to sleep, I just take the steps he recommended. So hypnosis for bringing more happiness into your life probably could work.
- Engage in 'Laughter Yoga': Yoga is an exercise that is extremely good for the brain. It's true that laughter will bring in even more laughter. In my last city I learned about 'laughter yoga'. These laughter yoga groups are located on meetup.com or form these laughter yoga groups your ownself.
- Keep a Food Diary Journal: Most people don't have any idea what they eat during the day, so therefore, keep a #FoodDairy. Certain foods can actually make you sad. I only eat #BloodTypeFoods, which not only make me happy, but give me energy as well. There are Vegan, Vegetarian, Blood Type, Gluten Free, Paleo and other diets. The problem is most folks today eat the Standard American Diet (also called "SAD") and that should tell you something. The diet is full of processed foods with #NoNutritionalValue and can actually cause you to be #Sad and #Depressed.
- Eat At Home: When you eat out, you have no idea what ingredients are in your foods, which can cause an #AllergicReaction or these foods can make you #Sad.
- Sing In the Morning: Mornings set the tone for the entire day so sing in the morning and #BeHappy. Most people are more productive from 8:00-12:00 p.m. so sing and #BeHappy.
- Stop Watching TV: TV is negative today with #Trumpism so why watch it. Try especially to avoid turning it on in the mornings -- your most #ProductiveTime of the day. Instead listen Laughter Yoga or Motivational Speakers on Youtube. No one pays for cable anymore. You can easily rent movies on Netflix.com, Amazon.com, Hulu.com, etc. You can receive all your news from independent media by email so subscribe to independent media websites.
- Exercise: Exercising releases #FeelGoodEndorphins. It is a great way to change your mood so make sure you exercise several days a week or find a hobby that is #Physical, such as walking, hiking, swimming, tennis, etc.
- Get More Sleep: Most folks don't know it but if you don't get enough sleep, you won't just be in a #BadMood all day, but you can cause issues in your marriage and family, crave bad foods, have more accidents, etc. Invest in a good mattress and pillow. The goal is to go to bed the same time every night and get up the same time everyday.
- Give Up Alcohol: Not only do alcohol make you sleepy, but it can make you sad. It has a #NegativeEffect on the brain.
- Hang Out With Enthusiatic Friends: Make time for friends but #StopGossiping. Having strong social bonds is a #KeyToHappiness. People get a #MoodBoost from contact with others. However, select #GoodPeople to be in your circle. No one wants to be around negative, 'doom and gloom' people, so hang out with others that are enthusiatic. As I travel around the country, I make it a point to visit friends. Many are now elderly so I guess you can say I do #WelfareChecks on my friends.
- Watch What You Say To People: Many people are on edge today because of #Trumpism. Even when you make posts on social media, just watch what you are saying to people - #ChooseNiceWords.
- Don't Focus on a Bad Mood: Go for a walk or engage in an activity. Men are better at this than women. Women continue to focus on a #BadMood so this might take some practice for women.
- Use Your Good Dishes: Happiness is not in things, so why set aside these things you might never get to use, therefore,
- Clean Up Clutter: I started my career off as a secretary, so in order for me to be able to write everyday and #BeProductive, I need a #ClutterFree environment. So clean up your space, place and throw stuff out especially clothes that you no longer wear. Like Oprah said, if you have things in your closet that you know you are not going to wear -- #GetRidOfIt. If you have clothing with a sentimental value, keep it somewhere else in your house.
- Tackle A Long-Delayed Chore: Once you complete a chore that you have been putting off, it will bring more happiness.
- Act The Way You Want To Feel: Smile and act happy and somehow you will get there. Children smile hundreds of times a day, however, adults only smile 4 to 17 times a day - #SoSmile.
- Do New Things: People who do new things are apt to be more happier than people who continue to do the same things day in and out. This is why I travel to new cities. It brings so much happiness.
- Do Fun Things: Books are fun for me. Selecting them and reading non-fiction books are so much fun especially 'self-help' books. Also I love going to meetup.com meetings and meeting new people. I also enjoy taking pictures, crocheting, sewing, dancing, watching movies and going to the gym.
- Be More Generous: Do things like #HelpPeopleThinkBig. Give others suggestions. Doing good deeds brings happiness and remember the best way to make others happy is to #BeHappy yourself.
- Bring People Together: Introduce others to others. Set up a high school reunion or another event. Hold events at your home or hold a meetup.com meeting in your community.
- Do What You Love: If you are in job that you don't like get another one -- even in another city, go back to school or start a business. #DoWhatYouLove and allow your kids to do what they love - #YouthBusinessOwnership.
- Downsize Your Living Arrangements: At 62 I am seriously thinking about obtaining a "Tiny Home" to live in. I am currently living in an Efficiency/Studio apartment so downsizing my living arrangements have made me much more happier. Because I am saving money from #Downsizing, I now have more funds to #EatGoodFoods and #Travel, which is more important to me than buying shiny things - #LiveAMinimalistLifestyle.
- Visit Libraries: Many people today don't even step into libraries anymore. Libraries are a great place to find interesting information and people. As I travel around the country, I always visit as many libraries as I can. Most have a bulletin board to see local events or find out what events are being held in the libraries. I always ask if I can hold my own events in these facilites. I also check out library books and read magazines or just bring my laptop and work on my books there.
- Start A Blog: Find some way to put down your thoughts, that can possibly turn into a #BookProject. A blog or journaling will work. Blog about what you are passionate about. Try to blog every day or at least every other day. I have 5 blogs where I post great info, but I really enjoy my personal blog entitled "Cathy's Purposeful Life Journey Blog." My blogs at www.blogger.com are FREE.
- Happy People Make Good Marriage Mates: Men are not attracted to women who are not happy. Happy people find it easier to #GetMarried and #StayMarried.
- Get An Outdoor and Indoor Game: Couples should have an indoor and outdoor game in order to keep interests in their relationship.
- Hug Your Spouse More: It's important to #PracticeHugging more especially your spouse, mate, significant other or partner and especially your children. It will make a big difference in how you view the world and how it views you.
- Don't Ignore Your Spouse: Many people end up less considerate of their mates. Have #DateNights with your spouse and spend quality time together. Show each other love and put each other first. Be nice to each other and treat your mate better than you treat others.
- Don't Dump Minor Issues On Your Mate: Couples do pick up on the mood of their spouses, so therefore, it's important not to dump your minor issues on your spouse. Don't allow #Nagging and #PettyIssues to ruin your relationship. Be happy, stop complaining and blaming your spouse, mate, significant other or partner for #PettyIssues.
- Read Books on Happy Relationships: There are tons of great reading material out there for people in relationships. Men and women approach relationships, especially intimacy differently because "Men Are From Mars and Women are from Venus."
- Children Bring Happiness: Children do bring more happiness into relationships. You might have ups and downs when you have children but overall, people are happier with children. If you can't have children today because of GMOs, contact the surrogacy program, do IVF or adopt.
- Keep Happy Memories Alive: Keep happy memories around you because they will make you #Happy. I keep pictures of myself and my children close to my work area. My photo albums are not far away. Send photos to family members, but be careful posting pictures online especially pictures of your children with all the pedophiles collecting these pictures today. I also kept all my daughter's memorabilia from schools and presented it to them when they were grown.
- Take Time for Family Projects: Sometimes the happiness comes from planning a #FamilyHomeProject. I made sure my family had cakes, ballons and cards for their birthday. I even took pictures for 18 years of both my daughter's birthdays. Family projects excited me especially when I knew everyone would get a kick out of the work I put in.
- Go Off the Beaten Path: Get your #CreativeJuices going by doing different things. Everyone has skills and talents which are of value to others so do things that excites you.
- Take Time to Be Silly: Let your silly-side shine through. Most people don't know that I have a very comedic side that I used to have in school growing up. As I get older and life is getting easier as a Senior, it is definitely coming back to me.
- Feel Right: Try to #FeelRight by living the life you know you are supposed to be living. Don't think you will be happier in the future than you are in the present.
- Choose Joy and Happiness: You have to wake up and choose to be happy. I do this when I spring out of bed everyday. First thing I do is juice green foods which releases serotonin in my brain, which helps me #FeelGood.
Being happy can help you:
- Be more productive.
- Makes you more helpful.
- Makes you more likable.
- Makes you more friendlier.
- Makes you a better leader.
- Makes you physically attractive.
What I did after listening to the audiobook
"The Happiness Project"
was to listen to it again for the second time. Then I recommended it to my two daughters and other people that I care deeply about.
I also started a
#HappinessBox, which was recommended by the author. In this box, I place things that automatically make me
#Happy when I open it.
Practice the steps in this e-newsletter and share them with the people you care deeply about. Make this the year you stop being selfish and start sharing great information with the ones you love. Love yourself and become even more happier this year. You deserve it! Good luck!!!
Cathy Harris is an Empowerment and
Motivational Speaker, Advice Columnist at
, Non-GMO Health and Wellness Expert, Business and Love Coach and Self-Publishing Expert and the author of 26 non-fiction books at
. Her books covers topics such as family and community empowerment, health, youth and adult entrepreneurship, writing/publishing, workplace discrimination, whistleblowing, government, law enforcement, domestic and international traveling, politics, media, beauty, car buying and selling for women, aging/retirement - just to name a few. She offers seminars, workshops and consultations at
Facebook Platform is
Now Opened for Business
Your Dating Profile Will Appear
on Facebook in our Group
Let Us Help You Find True Love
You can send your picture with your
to be posted for FREE.
How To Tell When Men Aren't
Dateable Especially on Social Media
Love After 50: Love Questions from DearCathy.com After Hours
Available as an e-book & paperback
Table of Contents
Section 1 - Singles Over 50 Love Issues
- Still Hoping and Searching for Love
- Dating A Younger Man
- True Love - But Two Households
- Mate Won't Destroy Sex Tape
- In Love With Friend's Ex
- New Mate Too Clingy
- In Abusive Relationship
- Mate is the Jealous Type
- Dating Outside My Race
- Bald Men Make Better Lovers
- Getting Breast Implants for Mate
Section 2 - Couples Over 50 Love Issues
- Sick of Being Sexless in Seattle
- Wife Seeks More Intimacy
- Couple Need to Shop Online
- Husband Left Along on New Years
- Husband Can't Say He Loves Wife
- Married to a Homebody
- Senior Couple Dislike Seniors
- Mate Won't Give Up Closet Space
- End of Dancing Days
- Wife Attracted to Other Women
- Mate Avoids Intimate Conversations
- When Is It Time To Move On?
- Leaving Financially Secure Mate
Section 3 - Health Issues Destroying Relationships and Remedies
- Sick and Dating
- ED and A Younger Woman
- Leaving Mate Because of Diet
- Garlic Playing Havoc on Relationship
- Toxic Household Products and Sex
- High Blood Pressure, ED and Sex
- Testosterone the "Love Hormone"
- Manhood Lost to Prostate Cancer
- Wife Has "Female Pattern Baldness"
- Fight Off Depression
- Painful Menstrual Cramps
- Unbearable Hot Flashes
- Hysterectomy Ends Sex Life
- Treat Husband for Yeast Infection
- Controlling Outbreaks of Herpes, Shingles and Urinary Tract Infections
- Viagra Side Effects
- Supplements Raises Sexual Desires
- Seeking Sexual Activity Through Diet
- Healthier Enough for Sex
Put Your Health First
The Most Important
Remember "Your Health is Your Wealth"...
How To Take Control of Your Own Life:
A Self-Help Guide to Becoming
Healthier Over the Next 30 Days (Series 3)
E-books & Paperback
and Grow Your Own Foods
Available as E-books and Paperbacks
Other Cathy Harris Health Books
Are You Ready to Make
Your Dream Come True of
Writing A Book?
How To Write A Book: The Complete Guide
To Writing and Publishing Your Own
Paperback and E-book
Available as E-book, Paperback & Audiobook
HOW TO WRITE A BOOK by CathyHarrisInternational.com
Audiobook Available at:
Available as E-book and Paperback
Cathy Harris Audiobooks
Also available as E-books & Paperbacks
Find Cathy Harris on Social Media
Join Cathy's Groups on Facebook.com
Join Cathy's Meetup.com Groups
All Books are Available at AngelsPress.com
Brought To You By
Empowerment and Motivational Speaker,
Non-GMO Health and Wellness Expert, Love Coach and Advice Columnist at DearCathy.com, Self-Publishing and Business Coach and author of 26 non-fiction books at
Cathy Harris, Speaker, Author, Coach
Angels Press, CEO, President, Publisher
(Seminars, Workshops, Coaching)
(Empowerment & Publishing Company)
(The Cathy Harris Story)
"We Can Sit Back and Watch As the World Goes By
or We Can Find Opportunities To Make It Better."
Send This E-newsletter to
Everyone You Know