‘TIS THE SEASON
What is the GOAL Foundation? Just the producers of the Ogden Marathon? The GOAL Foundation is so much more than a marathon…
While GOAL is known primarily for events like the Zions Bank Ogden Marathon and the Striders Winter Race Circuit, there is a back story, and a reason
we produce and support world-class events to provide outdoor recreation in our mountain-urban community: the programs of our organization.
In 2018, due in large part to race registrations, sponsorship and individual donations, the GOAL Foundation achieved the following:
- Provided $6,500.00 to local community youth groups, college students, and organizations who volunteered at the events of the GOAL Foundation.
- Partnered with 5 local YMCA and Boys and Girls Clubs to provide the Young Runners Program, an after school program where low income children are inspired to “Get Out and Live!”™ and are instructed in exercise and movement.
- 710 children participated in the Young Runners Program, and the reward: a free entry into the Ogden Marathon KidsK or 5K.
- Gifted 223 pairs of shoes to kids in need through our GOAL’s Soles Shoe Gifting Program.
- Enrolled, over 118 kids in “Get Out And Live!”™ summer camps, where Ogden area youth learned how to rock climb, mountain bike, and hike.
- 36 Summer Camp Full Summer Camp Scholarships totaling $2,880
- Contributed over 2 million dollars in economic impact to the greater Ogden area through produced and supported events.
These are the reasons
local volunteers provided
hours of volunteerism to the GOAL Foundation in 2018, and
the volunteers and the programs are the Soul of the GOAL Foundation.
Whether you participate, spectate, volunteer, or donate (or a little of all four), you are the reason the GOAL Foundation is able to provide programs that contribute to the local youth and organizations in our community.
Join us and be part of the
Your year-end donation will help us continue the programs of
the GOAL Foundation in 2019, where we will inspire kids, provide Soles and contribute to the vitality of the Greater Ogden area.
We sincerely thank you for your time and generous donation and look forward to sharing the success of our programs with you next year.
Executive Director/CEO - GOAL