Time to Kick Off the New Year
What's your goal for 2018? How about a custom space that you can
Let's create your personal space tailored for you
- Custom cabinetry and solutions
- TV and audio options (that look good)
- Style that reflects your personality and
- Easy maintenance with high-permanence materials
are on your list of things to do in the coming months, let Redux Interior Design help you from beginning to end. From budgeting, timelines, goals, and of course designing your interiors,
Redux Interior Design
can help you with your new goal.
Anatomy of a Sofa
How is your sofa holding up? How often is it getting used? Did you know that on average a sofa's lifespan is about 10 years? This will vary with the amount of use, the type of construction, materials being used and the style. To get the most out of your sofa, look for these qualities:
- Frame construction varies from a quality 2"-thick wood frame made of a hardwood (typically oak, poplar or maple), glued, screwed, corner-blocked, and doweled. Its counterpart is typically a thinner wood (plywood or press board) that is glued and stapled.
- The deck (the part under the seat cushions) of a quality sofa is produced from 8-way-hand-tied coils, similar to that of a mattress construction. This method offers better support, resiliency and comfort over time. Cheaper sofas use elastic webbing that can stretch and loose resiliency causing the sofa to sag.
- Seat cushions are a crucial component when it comes to comfort and look over time. There are many quality options. Cushions can be made from a medium or high density foam, and then wrapped in polyester fibers. Some manufacturers offer a down wrap for added comfort. Other options include an internal coil spring construction for added resiliency that keeps your sofa looking better longer. A quality cushion will have a slight crown and bounce back after each use providing your sofa with a comfortable, quality look over time.
- Fabric is key! Performance fabrics typically last longer but may have a rough texture to them. Natural fibers are typically softer and when paired with synthetic fibers can create a good balance between feel and performance.
When you are considering the purchase of a new piece of furniture, think about the role you want it to play in the overall look. Then, think about the qualities you would like in your purchase. Let Redux Interior Design help you pull together the right elements to create the space just right for you.
Before You Paint
We offer paint consultations that can save you frustration and stress, as well as time and money.
Paint color is one of the
most important decisions
you can make about your space. A good color choice sets the tone of the room. It provides a cohesive flow between rooms and evokes a feeling.
Our paint consultations start at $250 for 1 ½ hours. You'll get palette choices, advice on what to buy, where to buy, and plenty of other tips to get you started in the right direction. In the end, this will save you costly mistakes.
Want to freshen up a space, but not sure what color to choose? Schedule your personal paint consultation now!
Contact us to find out how to make your vision a reality.
id you know
we design, procure, and install commercial spaces?
Commercial design can be complex. Whether you're moving, resizing, or merely looking to make your current space more efficient, you can trust your space to Redux Interior Design. From the first ideas, to the final touches, we'll handle everything so you can tend to what you do best, your business.
Your dream office, conference room, lobby or waiting room is just a phone call away!
Contact us for your commercial redux!