... to kick-start RMR growth!
lthough the old image of a salesman carrying product samples door-to-door is a familiar one -- Electrolux, Fuller Brush, Avon, Tupperware, etc. -- door-to-door sales campaigns have become increasingly focused on services, rather than products. In fact, there are many examples today of industries utilizing door-to-door sales campaigns to sell such services as: home security, telecommunications, cable and internet, insurance, landscaping, and pest control to name just a few.
The national "do-not-call" list now makes it virtually impossible to directly reach millions of potential customers by telephone, so door-to-door sales programs are growing in importance and professional sales outsourcing companies are rapidly growing in popularity, largely because outsourcing offers so many benefits for growth-oriented companies:
- Speed-to-Market: Whereas it takes companies months to recruit a manager, find an office, and build a team; outsourcers can field trained sales teams within weeks.
- Effectiveness: Defined demographic profiles identify and focus the sales effort directly on clusters of prospective customers matching the company's criteria.
- Faster Results: Outsourcing is the best means of accessing the skills necessary for building and managing of door-to-door teams across multiple markets.
- Lower Costs: Managing "feet-on-the-street" sales teams is very difficult for most companies to sustain, typically resulting in disappointing results, wasted investment, and ultimately the abandonment of the strategy.
- Scalability: Companies facing rapid change need to control hiring costs, and contract sales organizations can absorb employment risk, enabling their clients to quickly respond to short-term opportunities or competitor activity.
- Brand protection: Although the client's brand is being represented, it is clearly the outsourcing company's brand making the presentation, thus affording a level of brand protection. Similarly, the outsourcing firm is responsible for regulatory and legal compliance.
Overall, sales outsourcing is a faster, more effective, and less expensive method of establishing a "feet-on-the-street" sales channel than any other strategy or tactic a company could consider. However, finding the right combination of security industry experience and outsourcing expertise to lead Implementation of your outsourcing program is a critical first step to success and CE Hagarty & Associates has both ... security industry experience AND outsourcing expertise.
We would welcome an opportunity to discuss your sales outsourcing and team-building needs, and invite you to contact us directly at any time