This is a class that stresses the importance of
writing a quality police report
each and every
Students will be taught the importance of getting things right no matter what the outcome. The training stresses the legal liability of police report writing as well as the importance of truthfulness as it relates to their career in police work.
Students will be taught to think differently which will result in quality reports that will lead to successful investigations and aid the officers when testifying in court.
Officers will cover common Constitutional Issues that arise in police report writing as well as the importance of documenting the elements of statutory violations.
What is your prosecutor looking for when issuing charges, and what will defense attorney's look for when they are preparing for trial?
Topics will include:
- Importance of writing good reports and examples
- Basics of a good police report
- Legal Liability
- Constitutional and statutory issues
- Prosecution and defense attorney view
- Police report template, and more
Gerald Ladwig retired as Chief of the Midland Michigan Police Department. His 24 year Law Enforcement career now continues as a member of the Midland County Prosecutor's Office. He has many years of experience testifying in court, and has directed several trials and hearings as an assistant prosecutor. Gerald has received numerous training certificates throughout his career, including graduating from LEELI, the Eastern Michigan University School of Staff and Command, as well as the FBI Michigan Police Executive Development Program. Gerald has served as an instructor for the Northeastern Police Academy at Delta College and is an adjunct faculty member at Delta College.
All members of the criminal justice and legal community (sworn and non-sworn). Training is especially valuable for all LEOs who write reports!
- Stuart Florida Police Department
830 SE Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd.
Stuart, FL 34994
DATES & TIMES:
· Wednesday, February 27, 2019
· Class starts at 8:00 AM Sharp - and ends at 5:00 PM (Local Time)
$199 per person
· Please follow the page prompts for quick, easy registration and confirmation.
· Check made payable to:
TRAINING FORCE USA
3681 Loma Farm Road
Tallahassee, FL 32309
· Purchase Order
· Credit Card payment made online at
CANCELLATIONS AND SUBSTITUTIONS:
· Upon submission of this registration, participants are responsible
for payment of this course
· Please note that if you do not attend, you are still responsible for
· Substitutions may be made at any time by phone, e-mail or online
at the registration site.
Claude A. Pichard, Training Force USA