and the GROSSE ILE POLICE DEPARTMENT
for Law Enforcement Professionals
NOVEMBER 13, 2019
GROSSE ILE, MICHIGAN (Detroit Area)
MCOLES 302 Approved
oday, possibly more than ever before, public servants are responsible for our
products or services AND for what it costs to provide them! We have to handle "the numbers" and
understand how the strategic and planning advantages of a well-put-together budget can benefit our organizations and the public.
This one day class is designed to teach newcomers the budgeting process as well as assist experienced managers in how to
prepare, justify, present and manage the budgeting process.
This class also includes staffing formulas that will give you concrete ways to identify staffing shortfalls and be able to justify needed staff increases tailored to each department.
- Building a Budget & Priorities
- Budget Framework & the Type Used
- How funds are allocated / taxes & millage rates
- Staffing Formulas
- Understanding how to monitor and manage a budget
- Factor for consideration relating to calls, special programs, demographics
- How to present a budget to superiors, elected officials and the public
- ***Overtime Estimates and Projections - This will give you the ability to calculate overtime trends for current year and predict future year projections within 5%!
Chief Jeff M. Pearson an FBI, NA graduate, holds a Master's degree and is a frequent presenter
for the Florida Leadership Academy. He explains the municipal budgeting process and
negotiation tactics through his years of experience. A favorite leadership topics presenter and
popular police chief, his skills with finance, understanding how the municipal formulas work, and
light hearted humor will make a daunting topic actually easy to learn.
All members of the criminal justice and legal community (sworn or non-sworn).
Training is especially valuable for supervisors, command staff members, agency heads, and anyone involved in the budgeting process.
LENGTH: 8 hour training
Grosse Ile, Public Safety Building
24525 Meridian Road
Grosse Ile, Michigan 48138
DATES & TIMES:
- Wednesday, November 13, 2019
- Class starts at 8:30 AM Sharp - and ends at 5:00 PM (Local Time)
$199.00 per person
- Please follow the page prompts for quick, easy registration and confirmation.
Cancellations and Substitutions:
- Upon submission of this registration, participants are responsible for payment.
- Please note that if you do not attend, you are still responsible for payment.
- Substitutions may be made at any time by phone, e-mail or online at the registration site.
CLAUDE A. PICHARD, Phone: 850-251-1223
Accommodations will be made for individuals with disabilities as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)