Winds look as bad or worse than I mentioned yesterday across New Orleans and Slidell. Covington, Hammond and Baton Rouge should be about the same.
- Take this storm seriously. It WILL be worse than hurricane Delta was for those east of I-55 (Covington, Slidell, New Orleans metro)
- Get your errands finished by noon.
- 4 to 6 hour window of intense rain and dangerous winds
- It will not be safe to be on the roads late this afternoon.
- Winds should rapidly relax after around 9-10pm.
City Impacts from most to least:
New Orleans/Slidell: 60-90mph winds. Expect scattered trees down and power outages lasting from a few hours to a few days. Localized street flooding likely.
Covington: 40-70mph winds. Expect isolated to scattered trees down. Many will lose power for short period to a day or 2. Localized street flooding likely.
Hammond: 30-50 mph winds. Isolated trees down and maybe powerloss for less than a day.