CURLEW DRIVE DETOUR IN PLACE DURING JUNE
Overhead bridge work and underground utility work required crews to close Curlew Drive near the I-64 overpass during June.
Traffic is being detoured via Military Highway, I-264 and Newtown Road. All residences and streets off of Curlew Drive retain access.
The detour is allowing crews to construct the bridge over Curlew Drive for the new ramp from I-64 west and to perform utility work under the road.
The Curlew Drive detour will also involve temporary interruptions in light rail service between Military Highway and Newtown Road the weekends of June 16-17, June 23-24 and potentially June 30-July 1. A bus will transport riders between the Military and Newtown stations on these dates.
from Hampton Roads Transit provides more details.
NIGHTLY DETOURS: NEWTOWN RD NORTH & GREENWICH RD EAST
Nightly detours at the Newtown and Greenwich intersection for northbound Newtown Road and eastbound Greenwich Road traffic are expected to continue into the second week of June.
The detours run from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. for utility work on Phase II.
- Signed detours will be in place for northbound Newtown Road traffic and eastbound Greenwich Road traffic.
- All businesses will retain access during the detours.
- Motorists traveling to eastbound Greenwich Road, including drivers exiting I-264 east on Ramp 15A at Newtown Road, will be detoured south on Newtown Road, east on Princess Anne Road, north on Witchduck Road and west on Greenwich Road.
- Northbound Newtown Road traffic will be detoured via Princess Anne and Kempsville roads.
NIGHT-TIME LANE CLOSURES AND DETOURS AT I-264 RAMPS TO WITCHDUCK ROAD
Underground utility work will result in the following impacts around the Witchduck Road interchange:
- Beginning June 3 and continuing for approximately 10 nights, motorists will encounter alternating lane closures at the off-ramp from I-264 east to Witchduck Road nightly, 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. The ramp will remain open with reduced lanes.
- Beginning June 3 and continuing until June 14, Grayson Road will be closed at Witchduck Road from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. Traffic will be detoured to Bonney Road.
- Beginning around June 15 and continuing for approximately 11 nights, the off-ramp from from I-264 west to Witchduck Road will close from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. A detour will direct traffic to the next exit at Newtown Road, back onto I-264 east, and to the I-264 east off-ramp to Witchduck Road. View the detour at this link.