1. To become the room's leading pattern for the whole color story.
2. To become the main attraction for the room's d�cor style.
3. To add an area rug as the finishing touch to connect the whole scheme by making it look and feel comfortable, stylish and beautiful.
4. To repeat the shape of the room.
5. To mimic the shape of a round or square table.
6. To connect and define a grouping of furnishings.
7. To introduce a new color into the room's dated d�cor scheme.
8. To freshen up a dated d�cor, I may add an element of surprise by introducing an unexpected pattern in a graphic, solid or tone on tone.
9. To change the room's seasonal features by adding an area rug in the fall and winter and then removing the area rug in the spring and summer.
10. To add life and personality to the room. Area rugs are available in every pattern imaginable such as graphic, whimsical, solids, floral, two-tone, stripes, animal pattern, multi-colored, symmetrical, asymmetrical and decorative borders just to name a few.