I am honored by the faith you have placed in me to serve as your State Representative in the 32nd Alaska State Legislature. It’s my 13th year in the Legislature, and it’s proving to be the most challenging year yet due to the global pandemic and the unsolved fiscal crisis. Unfortunately, our work is also hampered by bitter partisanship and the kind of political gamesmanship that erodes faith in government and does nothing to offer solutions to the people of Alaska.
Despite the challenges facing Alaska, I’m committed to working to make things better, but I need your help. Please consider taking a few minutes to fill out my constituent survey. This will help me better understand the issues important to you and your family. The survey is available online at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Tucksurvey. The deadline to take and return the survey is May 19.
As you take the survey, please consider these facts:
- Gov. Dunleavy’s budget proposal will result in a deficit of $1.7 billion in Fiscal Year 2022;
- To date, Alaska has received $5.8 billion in federal aid associated with the COVID-19 pandemic;
- Alaska’s budget has decreased by nearly $4 billion, or 38.4%, over the past seven years;
- Over $18 billion in savings has been spent since 2014 to balance the state budget;
- The Alaska Permanent Fund is expected to transfer $3.1 billion to the General Fund in FY 2022; and
- The transfer from the Permanent Fund is now Alaska’s largest source of revenue.
If you have any questions about the survey or would like to have the survey mailed to you, please contact my office at (907) 465-2095 or email me at Rep.Chris.Tuck@akleg.gov.
Please be safe,