The Illinois Arts Council Agency (IACA) is pleased to announce the opening of the 2022 Individual Artist Support (IAS) grant program.
There is no hard deadline date for this program, applications will be accepted until funds are fully committed or by May 15, 2022, for activities occurring through August 31, 2022. Applications must be received by the IACA no less than 8 weeks prior to the project starting date. Typically grant funds for this program are expended by January.
Individual Artist Support
The IAS program assists Illinois artists to realize a career goal, take advantage of a professional opportunity, or to produce and present an artistic project. The IAS program represents the Agency's continuing commitment to support the work of individual artists.
The IAS program encompasses two different tracks. Each track has specific limitations and requirements. Review each track’s guidelines thoroughly to determine which best suits your goals. Artists may apply to only one track each fiscal year.
· Artist Project Track (IAS/AP) supports individual artists in the production and presentation of an artistic project. Applicants may request a maximum of 75% of the total cash expenses of the project up to $4,000. The minimum request is $500. Applicants must secure a cash match to cover the remaining costs.
· Professional Development Track (IAC/PD) supports professional development opportunities related to an individual artist's career. Applicants can request grant amounts between $500 and $1,500 with no cash match required. Applicants must secure funds to cover any remaining costs exceeding $1,500.
The IACA has updated the guidelines for this program. Please read the guidelines carefully and reach out to the Program Director with any questions.
Important to note is the New Online Grant System IACA launched earlier this year:
· The online grant system will manage applications, grant agreements, and reports for all grant programs.
· The new system was developed in Salesforce. If you have applied within the past 5 years you were sent an email in January linking you to the account we create for you in the new system. If you need this email resent to you please email email@example.com.
· To help you navigate the new system there is a webinar recording done earlier this year.
Organizational Open Deadline Grants
For information about other IACA grants, including the open deadline grants for organizations, Artstour & Live Music (ATLM) and StARTS (Short Term Artists Residency Program), visit Illinois Arts Council Agency Grants at: https://arts.illinois.gov/grants-programs