The Illinois Arts Council Agency (IACA) is pleased to announce that in mid-September it will begin accepting applications for the Artists Fellowship Program. The program has been revised but its intent remains the same - to enrich and strengthen the state of Illinois by supporting accomplished Illinois artists who are the foundation of Illinois' creative environment. The Artist Fellowship Program recognizes exceptional artists who have created a substantial body of work throughout their career by providing awards to support continued artistic growth.
The IACA will provide a limited number of $15,000 awards across the following discipline categories:
- Ethnic and Folk Arts
- Literature (Poetry, Prose, Scriptworks)
- Media Arts (Audio Art, Digital Art, Film, Video)
- Music Composition
- Performance-Based Arts (Choreography, New Performance Forms)
- Visual-Based Arts (Crafts, Photography, Visual Arts)
To be considered, applicants must:
- Be current legal residents of the state of Illinois and have been for the twelve months prior to the application deadline
- Have created a substantial, independent body of work over at least a five year professional arts career
- Have made a recognized contribution to their discipline through public presentation of their work
- Demonstrate a high-aesthetic level of artistic ability with a strong consistency of expression throughout their professional arts career
- Provide evidence of continued commitment to serious and exceptional aesthetic investigation in his or her chosen medium
The FY2019 Artist Fellowship Program will have a very quick turnaround. The application deadline is October 15, 2018.
Advisory juries of arts professionals will review eligible applications and convene in mid-June via telephone conference calls to discuss top-ranked applications and make final recommendations. The final recommendations are presented to the IACA Board for their consideration and approval.
Additional information, including how to apply, will be available when the guidelines are released.