Questions from the Community
1. How is the hiring of new teachers and staff going?
Great! The hiring teams have been hard at work; we have filled the majority of open positions and we expect to have all positions filled before the start of the school year.
2. When will we know our teachers and classroom assignments?
You can expect to receive this information the week of Aug 15, 2022.
3. How are our enrollment numbers? -
We won't have this official answer until the school year begins. We continue to enroll students. It is important to note that this portion of the CPS lottery process has two parts:
1) Students are offered a spot at Tubman, which they can "accept" online
2) Families must come into Tubman to formally enroll with our school clerk.
Our school clerk continues to enroll families during bi-weekly registration times that are listed on our school website. We will update you on our enrollment numbers at the beginning of the school year.
4. When will families on the waitlist find out if they are offered a spot at Tubman?
Families on our waitlist for our full day pre-k program will be contacted by OECE directly if a spot becomes available.
5. Will there be after school enrichment programs this fall?
Yes, and more information will be provided at the beginning of the school year. Tubman is anticipating being awarded another round of grant funding for "Out of School Time Programming" which will enable our staff to offer high-quality, interesting after school programs to our students at no cost.
6. When will I get a supply list for my child?
As part of the school's dedication to equity and a close review of all budgets, all supplies will be provided by the school. Teachers created orders and supplies were purchased for all students with school funds for the 22-23 school year. So goodbye pricey supply kits and last minute trips to Target!