The International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners® (IBLCE), the independent international certification organisation which certifies International Board Certified Lactation Consultants (IBCLCs) around the globe, seeks a Director, Promotion & Advancement for Europe, the Middle East and North Africa (EUME).
IBLCE’s longtime Director of Promotion & Advancement for the EUME is planning to retire in 2021.
IBLCE seeks an enthusiastic, results-oriented, bilingual or multilingual IBCLC to promote and drive the growth of the credential throughout Europe, the Middle East and North Africa. The ideal candidate will have professional working proficiency in English, Arabic and a major European language; however, professional working proficiency in English and one additional language, either a major European language or Arabic, is required. IBLCE will continue to maintain a presence in Europe. This opportunity is a remote one with a presence in the EUME Region required. This Region encompasses Europe, the Middle East and North Africa. This opportunity provides remuneration.
Additional requirements include:
- A Bachelor's degree, preferably in one of the health sciences and/or in business administration;
- Demonstrated experience with advancement and/or marketing, preferably international;
- Ability to work effectively as part of a global team;
- Extensive knowledge of the IBCLC programme and credential;
Supportive of the International Code of Marketing of Breast-milk Substitutes and subsequent resolutions;
- Annual execution of a Conflict of Interest Disclosure Form, and free from Conflicts of Interest as defined by IBLCE;
- Demonstrated strategic and innovative abilities;
- Experience with managing a professional budget;
- Strong networking and relationship-building skills;
- Ability to meet stretch annual goals for both growth and retention;
- Ability to thrive in a culture of high collaboration and accountability;
- Ability to contribute innovations that add value to the certification programme;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programmes;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- High degree of professionalism and proven, tactful ability to work with individuals from broad geographical and cultural backgrounds;
- Strong attention to detail, with excellent organisational skills;
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks and projects effectively as well as adapt to change in order to meet deadlines;
- Excellent judgment about how to communicate and work with stakeholders, professional colleagues and volunteers;
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters with the utmost discretion;
- Ability to travel extensively when travel resumes, a minimum of 30%.
The IBLCE team includes individuals from diverse and varied backgrounds and cultures from around the globe, and IBLCE is committed to diversity and inclusion.