Thank you to the merchants who attended the BSD Merchant Meeting on July 10th. In case you missed it, here are some highlights from the meeting:
Day On The Town -
Saturday, July 27, 2019
9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
ATTENTION BIRMINGHAM MERCHANTS
Register TODAY for Day On The Town!
This is the day Birmingham goes on SALE: Our biggest retail event of the year! A great opportunity to sell overstocked items or to order special merchandise.
* Day On The Town shoppers continually tell us they come to the event looking for bargains and sales! This is what our event is based on: SALES!!!
* Key streets, including parts of Old Woodward, Maple, Pierce, and Merrill, will be closed.
* Merchants on N. Old Woodward between Oakland and Ravine and on S. Old Woodward from Brown to Lincoln are able to set up tables on the sidewalk in front of their store (leaving a five foot walking path).
* Merchants on N. Old Woodward from Ravine to Oak are able to set up tents on the sidewalk in front of their store (leaving a five foot walking path).
* A designated area will be set aside for merchants who are outside the street closures to sell merchandise or to hand out promotional materials.
* There will be children's activities and music playing throughout the event area.
Birmingham Movie Nights -
The Birmingham Shopping District's popular Movie Night events offer pre-show entertainment at 7:30 p.m. followed by a movie at dusk. Attendees enjoy free popcorn, water and giveaways while supplies last. Mark your calendar for these upcoming Movie Night events:
Friday, July 12
- Featured presentation:
Friday, August 23
- Featured presentation:
In the event of inclement weather, movie nights will be held the following day (Saturday).
Birmingham Cruise Event -
More than one million people will head to Birmingham on Saturday, August 17 as hot rods and classic cars roll through town during the Woodward Dream Cruise. The Birmingham Cruise Event will be held from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. on South Old Woodward from Maple to Lincoln. Attendees will enjoy 300 classic cars of all makes and models, sponsor exhibits, food and drink vendors, performances by popular local bands and more.
Stores throughout the designated BSD event area are encouraged to set up a table outside their door with items for sale. Please be sure your table does not block the sidewalk.
Social Media Tips & Tricks
Where to tag/find us:
*We would ask you to tag our pages in your posts moving forward so that we can easily track and re-share when appropriate.
Hashtags to use and follow:
**According to studies, posts with nine hashtags on Instagram receive the most engagement.
Thank you to
La Strada Dolci e Caffé for hosting the meeting.