Thank you to those who joined us for this morning's merchant meeting at The Community House. ICYMI, here's a recap of important items:
Tips from Officer Whipple - Safeguard Against Scam E-mails
- Be suspicious of e-mails that are
similar to familiar e-mail addresses (one letter may be changed).
- Do not respond to e-mails asking for money to be wired.
- Adjust your settings to require secondary verification.
- Change your passwords often.
- Don't use the same password for more than one account.
- Use antivirus/antispyware software.
Birmingham Restaurant Week
The 2018 Birmingham Restaurant Week event will be held January 29 - February 2, and February 5 - 9. Enjoy delicious and affordable three-course lunches for $15 and three-course dinners for $30. Visit
for participating restaurants and special event menus.
Day On The Town
Tips from Retail Consultant - Buxton Company
- Focus on your customer. Who are they? Where are they? What are their values?
- Take advantage of Buxton Company's resources - online mapping and Scout program that creates consumer demographics reports.
- LSMX Product - Local Store Marketing - This product tells merchants who their customers are, where they can find others like them and helps them to target advertisements to that select group. Try the LSMX software at
. If you like the program, licenses will be given on a first-come, first-served basis to businesses expressing an interest to the BSD by e-mailing
Updates Regarding the Old Woodward Reconstruction Project
- The project has been awarded to Angelo Iafrate Construction Co, based in Warren, Michigan.
- The work will begin in March and finish by July 27th, weather permitting.
- The work will be done from 7 a.m. - 10 p.m., six days per week.
- Visit www.bit.ly/bhamnews and sign up for the following Constant Contact groups: